Why do we do what we do at Genesis Community Church?
Last week we looked at why we value singing new songs in the church. Psalm 98:1 says to “sing to the Lord a new song”. We never want to stop writing, singing, and searching for new creative songs to sing to the Lord!
LOUD & WITH INSTRUMENTS
This week we will further examine the Psalms and see what they say about worship.
Look at what Psalm 98:4-6 says about worship:
 Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth and sing for joy and sing praises.  Sing praises to the Lord with the lyre, With the lyre and the sound of melody.  With trumpets and the sound of the horn Shout joyfully before the King, the Lord.
These verses say to shout, sing, and play instruments joyfully to the Lord! There is a tone of excitement in these verses! That's what we hope for with our people each weekend.
We want you to sing loudly and joyfully during the music on Sundays. We want you to remember the joy of your salvation. We want you to remember who it is you are singing to!
Remember these truths this week as we sing joyfully:
- You have been saved through faith in Jesus
- You are no longer slaves to sin, but to righteousness
- You have a new identity that rests in Christ
- You are a child of God almighty
- You can rest in God because He is sovereign
- You are loved and secure, sealed by the Holy Spirit
- You have the Holy Spirit in you and helping you
This is amazing church! Let us be excited and joyful!
I am praying for you and love you. I can’t wait to be with you all this Sunday as Ben and Nina lead us in worship.
What are we singing?
- O God of our Salvation (Michael Bleecker, Matt Boswell)
- Stronger (Hillsong)
- How He Loves Us (John Mark McMillan)
- How Deep The Father's Love For Us (Stuart Townend)
- Nothing But The Blood of Jesus (Robert Lowry)
- Come Thou Fount (Robert Robinson)
- Cornerstone (Hillsong)
- All I Have is Christ (Sovereign Grace Music)
- I Exalt Thee (Hymn)
As you prepare for worship this week, take a look at what Paul writes in Ephesians 2:19-22.
 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,  built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone,  in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.  In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
Church, we are members of the household of God! Rejoice in this!