We are delighted you are able to join us for our inaugural Genesis Community Church Men’s Retreat at Trinity Pines Conference Center! We are looking forward to a great time together. There will be rich teaching, opportunities for fellowship, and free time to enjoy the outdoors. Hopefully you will come home feeling refreshed and renewed in Christ. Please join us in praying for every man that will attend.
Please note these important details:
• GUEST TEACHER: Jeff Medders, Redeemer Church, Tomball, TXLearning to Lament – When I’m Afraid – Finding Comfort in the Rubble
• CHECK IN – 5:00 - 6:00 PM – PICK UP DINNER ON THE WAY (not included)
Check in begins at 5 pm, Friday, March 9th, at the CHAFIN LODGE. You will go there to receive your room key from Blaine & Johnny. Our first meeting will be a bonfire at 7:30 pm Friday evening on the lake with a time of worship and teaching. You will want to eat (or buy) dinner before you arrive at the retreat center. Sunset is around 6:30, so it would be a good idea to get there before dark to check out the grounds and relax.
• BONFIRE, SESSION 1 | 7:30 Friday Night | Lake
• BREAKFAST | 8:00 – 8:45 Saturday | Retreat Center Dining Hall
• SESSION 2 | 9:00 – 10:30 | Chafin Lodge
• CHECKOUT | 10:30 – 11:00 | Chafin Lodge
• FREE TIME | 11:00 – 12:00
• LUNCH | 12:00 – 12:45 | Retreat Center Dining Hall
• SESSION 3 | 1:00 – 2:00 | Prayer Garden
• SUMMARY/TAKEAWAYS | 2:00 – 2:30 | Prayer Garden
• FREE TIME | 2:30 – 5:00 | Lake & Facility Grounds
• DEPARTURE | 5:00 | Must be off premises by 5:00
• OPTIONAL | Group Dinner at the Potato Shack in Huntsville | 1229 Josey Street
Meals provided – BREAKFAST AND LUNCH SATURDAY. Please note that each meal is a strict 45-minute time period in the Retreat Center dining hall. We will not be the only group there. Bring trail mix, nuts, or other snacks for between-meal munchies.
You will receive your keys at Chafin Lodge so there is no need to check in at any other building.
Each room is supplied with linens and towels and each room has a private bath. Bring your own pillow if you have special requirements.
Recommended packing list:
• Notebook & pen
• Bug spray
• Flash light / headlamp
• Walking shoes / sneakers
• Snacks (granola/protein bars, nuts, trail mix, jerky, lobster thermador (bring enough to share))
• A light jacket in case of cool evenings
• Ear plugs if you are a light sleeper (4-6 people per room)
• If you would like to bring your own coffee mug to use for the weekend, feel free to do so. (Small disposable cups will be available).
• Frisbees, disc golf discs. All other recreational items are provided (basketball courts, volleyball, Putt-Putt golf course, kayaks/paddle boats (weather permitting)).
• Fishing gear (license required)
• Camp folding chairs (optional – may not use)
The Retreat Center discourages food in your lodging rooms due to bugs and wildlife. Some snacks will be provided for our group during free times in the conference room.
Anyone who would like to plan on eating dinner together on the way back from the retreat Saturday, March 10th is welcome to join us at The Potato Shack in Huntsville around 5:30 pm. Reservations are not required. Meals average $6-$10.
If you have any questions regarding the retreat, please contact Blaine Comeaux at 713-870-7926 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for planning to join us!!
GCC Men’s Ministry Team